Friday, May 14, 2010

What are some good decorating ideas for my walls in my dorm room? I can't use nails.

We used to ask girls for panties and hang them around the room. Tape worked fine. You could ask for guys' underwear. Of course, it's nowhere near as interesting.What are some good decorating ideas for my walls in my dorm room? I can't use nails.
cinder block is bland so I think the best thing you can do is add some color! Go to AC Moore or Michael's Crafts and buy some posters--they have lots to choose from... Here's a really cheap way to decorate that I used to like: go online and look up some quotes that are inspirational or represent you. Then, write them in different color marker and on multi color paper and be creative in the way you cut them (zig zags, waves, etc) and then put them up all over your dorm room. You can never go wrong with pictures of family and friends and if you can't afford frames, buy some scrapbooking paper and tape the pictures over it.





I would say the best adhesive for dorm room walls is mounting tap. You can get it any where, most drug stores and very likely in your campus store. Regular tape doesn't tend to stick to cinder block so definitely mounting tape is a safe bet. Also, some schools don't allow duct tape so find out first if you can use it. Good luck and have fun!!!What are some good decorating ideas for my walls in my dorm room? I can't use nails.
If your walls are painted with a good scrubbable paint (not the flat paint) you can hang small items using hot glue gun. Don't put the glue directly on the paint or it will melt it, put it on the paper. It is not good for a very large poster though. When you get ready to take it down, you can gently peel the glue off the walls. Also you can use poster putty (harder to remove) or puffy tape (even harder to remove)
I wasn't allowed to use nails at my apartment at school either. I used push pins to hang everything. Then filled the holes with white toothpaste when I moved out. It worked for me, But I had WHITE walls not that weird off white shade. So you couldn't tell. I got my full deposit back too, so I guess I got away with it. Some of my friends did not.


They have this tape called REMO tape that comes off really easily and holds really well.
posters you can buy those hooks that are self adhesive and you pull a tab and they come back off and leave no mark. you could hang some art with them there called command by 3m





http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3M/en鈥?/a>
Clear tape, Cement Glue, and staples come out really easily too. I hope your Dorm Room looks good!





P.S. What collage are you going to?
Removable wall decals.


http://www.kaylasroom.citymax.com/teenwa鈥?/a>
I got some cool things for my dorm on Collegepad.com and I found these wall mounting things at Michaels
use stick tape


  • star makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment