Friday, May 14, 2010

Does anyone have any ideas of a way to get my 4 year old to stop biting her finger and toe nails?

Try putting alum salts on her fingers and toes this will not hurt her but the bitter taste will encourage her not to do it.


AGONY UNCLEDoes anyone have any ideas of a way to get my 4 year old to stop biting her finger and toe nails?
Hi





How about buying some 'stop'n'grow' from boots or a similar chemist? Its a liquid like varnish that has a foul taste and so is a detterent from biting. You could put it on pretending to make her nails pretty as an extra incentive.





Or maybe a reward chart would be good, where if she goes a day without biting them she gets a sticker on her chart?





Hope you manage to get her to stop.





Elphaba xDoes anyone have any ideas of a way to get my 4 year old to stop biting her finger and toe nails?
just carefully remove the nails of ur baby first as its injurious to ur babys health and appetite


b close to ur baby and protest whenever it does the action,it can b stopped but it takes time
The only way to do it is to get the anti nail-biting polish. It tastes FOUL. I had to wear it when I was a kid.





But, if I really wanted to bite my nails, I did it anyway. The best thing is time...once she realises how nice non-bitten nails are, she will stop. I certainly did!
There is stuff you can buy to paint onto them an it tastes horrible
Get some nail biting polish... it takes disgusting! I had it when i was a kid, i couldn't even lick the tips of my fingers after eating some chips!
Well lol my friends mother used to put hot chili sauce on her daughters thumb when she was 4 so she'd stop sucking it, harsh maybe? Just try sweet chili sauce maybe, it works REALLY well apparently :)


Goodluck.

No comments:

Post a Comment