Friday, May 14, 2010

I want to stop chewing my nails.. any ideas on how to stop?

I used to bite nails since i was 12. My nails were in such a bad condition that I would feel embarassed to even shake hands with someone or even do anything that puts the focus of the other person on my hands for fear they would start vomiting on seeing the pathetic condition of my hands. I tried everything from nail paint ( that made me even more embarassed!! ) to rubbing red chillies on my hands. Finally I played a pyschological game with myself. I used to observe the nails of my best buddy %26amp; my girlfriend %26amp; other acquaintances who had good pair of hands %26amp; then used to admonish myself for having such pathetic hands. Then I programmed my brain to believe that if I stopped biting nails, my hands would also become beautiful or at least I wouldn't be shy of using the keyboard in front of anyone.


Then I refrained from biting the nail of my right little finger for a week %26amp; saw the difference. I told myself to continue the good work %26amp; I stopped biting my right ring finger's nail. Same I did for the left hand but this time I could control more easily %26amp; after 15 days from that day I completely stopped biting nails. Finally I got to use the nail-cutter for the first time in a decade %26amp; I gave a huge treat to myself.


One more thing you can do is that once you go beyond the first phase of the little finger %26amp; the ring finger of one hand, tell everyone you know (incl. your worst enemy) that you have stopped biting nails but dont tell them anything beyond that meaning dont tell them to shout at you when they see you chewing on your nails the next time. What happens then is that you dont start chewing once again for you yourself bragged to them about your immense self-control %26amp; you would stop yourself the next time when your hand goes towards your mouth. Also don't sit idle for too long, when thinking or waiting for someone keep your hands back %26amp; be careful when you are very nervous or panicky or excited.


Try this method %26amp; incorporate your changes, this method has helped me. Lets hope you too, are successful.I want to stop chewing my nails.. any ideas on how to stop?
If you don't like hot foods, I suggest you put a drop of tabasco sauce on the cuticle of each nail and massage it into the nail. Do that every morning. You won't chew your nails..... You can also buy nail polish that tastes HORRID and use that.I want to stop chewing my nails.. any ideas on how to stop?
There is a polish you apply to your nails that have a bitter


taste to it so to keep your fingernails out of your mouth.


I don't know where they sell it. Polishing your nails work


well too.
If you live in the country find some fresh com manure and stick your fingers in it. It will wash of and not hurt you but you will always think about where they have been before you put them in your mouth.
you have to really wanna stop find other activities for your hands writing drawing masturbating smoking playing musical instrements reading are good ideas just to name a few
I DONT NOW IF I COULD HELP BECAUSE I CANT STOP BITING MY SKIN BY MY NAILS LIKE BRITANY SPEARS SHE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM THIS IS CAUSED BY STRESS AND ANXIETY EAT SEEDS
cut your finger off lmao





there are things you can buy at stores to put on them to help you stop





good luck
you can put nail polish on it, so it will taste bad, and cut your nails short so theres nothing 2 chew on (but not THAT short, if its really short you can get ingrown nails, i think)
Chew gum and keep your fingernails cut short. This will let you chew something so that you don't flip out during the day over not chewing something and keeping your nails short will prevent your chewing from damaging them too much incase you don't have gum or try to go back to chewing your nails and it worked for me.
Well, getting manicures really helps. Paying money to get your nails done really does discourage you from chewing your nails. I'm guessing from your id that you're male, and so if you're very brave, you can get a manicure with clear polish (no one will notice it but you) or no polish at all. However, if that's a bit metrosexual for you, try to only chew your thumbnails. Don't let yourself chew any other fingers. Then, when you feel like you can stop yourself easily from chewing on all your fingers except your thumbs, stop chewing your thumbs. This will be very hard. If you have to, chew your thumbs again, just don't chew your other nails. Eventually you'll be able to go a few weeks without chewing your thumbs and you'll be able to stop chewing your nails. Good luck!!
put a mousetrap around them
well what i did was paint them... but i think your a guy right?? Sorry no clue.....
wear gloves
i don't know, i do that myself
cut them off or put something on your hand
Even though your a guy you can still polish them w/ clear polish and that should remind you not to bite them..Plus the taste isnt that great.. Dont worry, their are plenty of guys out there that get manicures. It doesnt make you feminine just because your putting (clear) polish on your nails.. Try that
always think about zig-zag
Maybe you should write on your hand not to or where your gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment