Thursday, January 21, 2010

Nail Problem, any ideas?

I have always been very fortunate in being able to grow nice long natural nails.


I have one nail(thumb) that has split down the middle. I file and and cut it all the way down and not matter what I do, It still grows that way. I've glued it with nail glue, used nail hardeners of all kinds. I asked many nail techs, but no one seems to have an answer.





Someone said I may have injuired the nail and didn't know it. It's been going on now for almost 2 years. SHould have grown out by now I would think.





I do not want to get acrylics or silk wraps. That will ruin all my nails.





Anyone have any solutions?Nail Problem, any ideas?
You may have an injury that starts in your nail matrix that causes a weak spot. 6 months is all it should take to grow out a full set of nails. My mother has the same prob with the same nail. It might also have to do with the kinds of stresses you put on the nail, the thumb is probably the most used digit on the hand. I know you don't want to hear it, but Acrylics is your best option. You can get just one nail done, you don't have to subject your other nails to acrylics. Choose a good nail tech, not the ones who had no idea, not a mall salon. Possibly check with the state licensing board for complaints before going. Depending on where you go, and what else you get done it should only cost you a few dollars every other week. A good nail tech applying acrylics will not ruin your nailsNail Problem, any ideas?
If they are still out of the question, Nailtiques, and Nail Tek, both make 4 different formulas to help strengthen nails. Choose the formula that is right for you.

Report Abuse



i cut one of my nails down the middle back in 1991 and it is still that way. i think the only way to fix it would be to have the nail removed by a doctor and the new nail should grow in fine.i cut it on at -ration while i was in the army.
you may have injured it, seek a doctor's professional advice first

No comments:

Post a Comment