Saturday, January 23, 2010

Baby nails - any ideas how to cut them?

I am looking for an innovative idea for cutting nails. I am so scared of cutting trimming her nails and they are getting so long. I wish there was a baby-grooming salon :-DBaby nails - any ideas how to cut them?
i bite them off. the one and only time i tried cutting them i snipped his skin and made him bleed :O . so i will be biting them until hes alot older!!Baby nails - any ideas how to cut them?
When I was pregnant with my first, the baby care course told us not to use the little clippers until the baby is older and the nails harden some, also we were told not to bite, as it can lead to minor infections, we were shown how to tear them off (I know, sounds horrible, it's not though), they tear cleanly across the top, and never split.
I file my baby's nails down. Sure you can cut them while they are asleep, but soon enough they are not going to sleep as much and are going to be squiggly and won't want to be held down to have them clipped. At least I know that my baby can squirm all he wants and the file won't cut him.
baby nail scissors with rounded tips or baby sized nail clippers. i prefer the clippers though. i usually try to trim my babys' nails when they r fast asleep but it's a great wonder to me that they actually took the trouble to scream and and kick when i touch their fingers then go back to snoring when i let it go. hahaha
Don't worry it is soooo much easier than you think.


Wait until the baby is sleeping and take the pad of his finger and kind of push it down and out of the way. Now just clip the nail just enough so he can't scratch himself. The nails are so soft and easy to cut. I don't think you'll have any problems.
I've tried clipping our son's nails when he is snoozing...he just balls his hands up in a fist and then wakes up...so no good there. The best way I have ever found to clip nails is to give him a bottle and lay on the floor. He is relaxed, content, and I have just enough time in one bottle to clip his fingernails and toenails...
Don't worry about cutting baby's nails. I think every mother ends up nicking there child once in their life not that we want to. Try cutting baby's nail while they are asleep or file them instead of cutting them. Hope this helps.
They sell baby nail scissors - tiny scissors with rounded ends, so you can't stick the baby's finger. Any drug store or supermarket (in the HBA area) should carry them.
i cut my daughter's nails while she is sleeping. i use these special baby nail clippers with an attached magnifying glass, which really helps! you can get them at a drug store for like 6 bucks!
always do it while they are sleeping. But if you are afraid of cutting him or her you can bite them off. Sounds weird but it works.
Most of the time I'll bite them off while he feeds, other times i'll feed him and my husband will file them.


He's very distracted by the fact that he's eating he doesn't notice!
cut them when they are asleep. it's easiest. oh and after there bath too, because there softer and wiggle less. i learned all of this the hard way btw!
While she's sleep and very carefully.
cut while the babe sleeps.
bit them off.


may sound weird but thats what my cousin does and its a less chance of pinching there skin with the clippers.
I bite my kids nails off. i know, it's gross but it works and it's safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment