Saturday, January 23, 2010

How do I stop biting my nails. I want to have longer nails but the habit is hard to stop. Any ideas?

I have short guy nails. How do I get longer nails without gluing on fake ones.How do I stop biting my nails. I want to have longer nails but the habit is hard to stop. Any ideas?
It just takes constant willpower to stop biting your nails. You need to be aware of each time that you feel like biting your nails, and figure out in that situation something else you can do instead. For example, each time that you feel like biting your nails, take out a nail file and just gently smooth the edge of the nail, and the urge will pass. Also, make sure you are using hand lotion after each time you wash your hands, which will keep your hands and nails moisturized. You should generally keep your nail edges filed smooth, so that there are no little bits that are tempting to start to bite, and there are no rough parts that will snag on things or break off. After a couple of days you will start to see the difference in the health of your nails, and then you just have to keep at it every day. After about 2 months of not biting your nails, that actually becomes your new habit, and you just have to stay on top of those situations where you want to go back to the comfort of the habit of biting and keep dealing with it.How do I stop biting my nails. I want to have longer nails but the habit is hard to stop. Any ideas?
ahhh biting the nails i hate that habit (im all to familiar with it) I would by a sweat shirt and chew on it instead that what i did... I no that sounds slightly wierd but I only chew my nails during a scary or suspensful moment so i just wear this sweater and bite on it.
chew more gum, try solar nails over the top of yours, yours will still grow out under them!!





its a habit, habits are hard to break=(


STOP PUTTING YOUR FINGERS IN YOUR MOUTH, YOU KNOW HOW MANY DISEASES YOU PICK UP THAT WAY? OOOH GROSS!
it takes about 3 weeks to break a habit, so for three weeks...keep your hands and mouth occupied...meaning chew gum, or get some hard candy. they make nail strengthener nail polishes...try those, and carry a nail file with you any time you feel the urge to bite, file instead. good luck
I know a perfect way to solve your man hands. First, try putting nail polish remover on your nails so you don't bite them. Cuz who wants to bite gross tasting nails! And if that doesn't work try putting baby oil on them. IT TASTES GROSS! Then once you get them long enough, treat yourself to a manicure and get your nails done. You'll see that you just have to work to be pretty and you won't want to ruin those gorgeous nails. If you get the urge head strait for the baby oil. That is if you have nail polish on!
ulta has some stuff that you dip your fingers in and when you bite them...you feel like your gonna hurl. my friend tryed it and had me lick her finger and it was soooo gross!
I'm still battling this as well...there are different options:





paint your nails, or put ';stop nail biting'; formula on it...you can buy it at any store with beauty products. (it gives off a bitter taste which reminds you not to bite) Nail polish should also remind you not to bite....you can also put like chili pepper (which is what my grandma used to use on me and now I love hot things so I guess it didn't work on me)





I got my nails done with artificial nails at a nail salon so I can break the habit of biting them...I kept them for about 2 months and just got them removed so I now have nails although artificial nails are bad for your real nails...I just wanted to break the habit of biting...so lately I've been trying to use nail strengthener and it's paying off.....I guess it's been awhile since biting them and I haven't even though about it....





I think you'll also have to keep reminding your self and trying to pamper your nails (even though you may not have any) to get yourself motivated...





p.s. the stop nail biting nail polish never worked on me cause I had such a habit of biting my nails I didn't care about the bitter taste cause I knew it was just nail polish and after a few days it wore off....it works on some people but if your an extreme case, it might not work.
Ok..


go to a nail place, get fake ones on and leave them for a month.


When they come off, you won't bite your nails again.


:)


It's like a month to break a habit i think!
There is a product I used as a kid and it worked. It's like some kind of nail polish but it tastes horrible and you never want to get your fingers anywhere near your mouth. Probably at any pharmacy-type store like Walgreens.
Concentrate on grooming them instead of biting. Worked


for me.
I had that habit and believe me it was bad. I couldnt stop and all i did was put on nail polish. There are special things for your nails if you want but they may cost more than normal nail polish i suggest nail polish because it helped me and your right you shouldnt buy fake nails i tryed them and i couldnt pick ANYTHING up :D Anyways Good Luck!
i use to do it to i was told to put my fingers in lemon juice so i did it one day and i would not bit my nails anymore because it was sour. or just put clear nail polish on it to make them stronger so you cant bit them off.
products always work !! when i was like 9 years old , i used to bit my nails alot .. and then i saw this white nail polish and with the text on '; DANGER ! '; i thought its just a nail polish , when i put it on it turned out to be a product to stop me bitting my nails .. it totally worked whenever i get my nails closer to my lips to bit them .. i remember the awful taste of it ! its like a medicine ew





just try one of 'em


i guarantee u it'll work !!
put your nails in poop. then put 'em in your mouth
Just STOP when your about to do it. and ask yourself why you need to do it anyways.


Besides nail bitting and short bitten nails are a huge turn off.

No comments:

Post a Comment