Thursday, January 21, 2010

I pulled a hangnail a week ago. now my finger is puffy red and irratated around the nail. doctor? other ideas?

Clean your hands with soap %26amp; water, then apply an antibiotic ointment twice a day %26amp; cover with a bandaid. Change the bandaid %26amp; ointment more often if you have to wash your hands frequently. If you have pus draining from the wound, see you doctor as you may need antibiotics or it may need to be lanced. Good Luck!I pulled a hangnail a week ago. now my finger is puffy red and irratated around the nail. doctor? other ideas?
Pour Hydrogen Peroxide on in and keep it clean. It will heal faster.I pulled a hangnail a week ago. now my finger is puffy red and irratated around the nail. doctor? other ideas?
You could get what's called Paronychia. That happened to me a couple of years ago after pulling off a hangnail. Soak the affected finger in warm soapy water several times a day to allow any pus or infection to drain. If it continues to redden and swell or if the pain becomes severe, see your doctor. They can lance the finger and prescribe antibiotics.

No comments:

Post a Comment